Chinese New Year
This weekend it was Chinese New Year. Today we have talked about how we celebrate different occasions e.g. Birthday, Christmas, Bonfire Night and we also learnt about how Chinese New Year is celebrated.
We tasted some Chinese food including: prawn crackers, spring rolls, egg fried rice, noodles and some plum and sweet chilli sauce too. Some of us liked everything (and licked our plates clean); some of us didn’t like any of it; but everybody tried something so we were really proud. We think the favourite was definitely the prawn crackers – yum!
This week we will continue to learn about Chinese New Year, we will be recreating the Dragon Dancing in Virtual Base with Mrs Oram and making our own dragon puppets for our Brilliant Brain Challenge. There are also some Chinese symbols for us to have a go at copying in our Continuous Provision time.
At home you could ask us what our Chinese Zodiac Sign is!
2014 was the Year of the Horse (Children born in this year are said to be energetic and enthusiastic).
2015 was the Year of the Goat (Children born in this year are said to be gentle and calm).
We are enjoying our week learning about Chinese new Year! Here are a few photos for you to see,
The Reception T
Phase 1 Updates
- Chinese New Year in Reception!
- Year 1 trip to the Botanic Gardens in Leicester.
- Phase 1 Show!!
- Welcome to all our new Reception children!
- Year 1 clown workshop
- Year 1 new outdoor area!
- Year 1 and our wonderful circus workshop!
- Wonderful Warwick castle Trip!
- Reception children visit Year 1 again
- Jeffers Class library slot
- Reception in Year 1!
- Reception Trip to the Sea Life Centre
- Easter Bonnet Fun!!
- ' Jeff-berg Shop!'
- Spring News From Reception
- Year 1 Baking Fun
- Reception Phonics afternoon
- Year 1 Reuse, Reduce, Recycle Workshop
- Reception News!
- Year 1 visit to the Botanic Gardens
- News from Year 1
- Circus Workshop
- What a super start to Year 1