We have been learning all about money and mass in maths over the last few weeks. We decided that to consolidate our learning practically, and to fit with our new topic 'healthy body, happy mind' we would create a shop in our shared area.
We like to think of ourselves as a big, happy Year 1 family so we decided to name our shop " Jeffberg Fruit and Veg shop"!!
The children have made their own signs and labels and are really getting into character taking on the roles. Aready we are seeing the children consolidate skills such as addition, mass and weight using balance scales and counting and combining money. Not to mention personal skills such as teamwork, collaborative play, using imagination and listening to each other's ideas.
Here are some photos for you to see,
Phase 1 Updates
- Wonderful Warwick castle Trip!
- Reception children visit Year 1 again
- Jeffers Class library slot
- Reception in Year 1!
- Reception Trip to the Sea Life Centre
- Easter Bonnet Fun!!
- ' Jeff-berg Shop!'
- Spring News From Reception
- Year 1 Baking Fun
- Reception Phonics afternoon
- Year 1 Reuse, Reduce, Recycle Workshop
- Reception News!
- Year 1 visit to the Botanic Gardens
- News from Year 1
- Circus Workshop
- What a super start to Year 1