Thank you to all the grown ups who came into school yesterday to see how we teach phonics in reception and learn how to further support their children. We were so proud of the children in both classes who showed everyone how to correctly pronounce the sounds, how to blend sounds to read, and even what the words 'Digraph' means ( two letters who make friends to make one sound i.e 'sh')
Don't worry if you weren't able to make it; the children will have come home with a booklet containing all the information you need to support your child. If you are unsure about anything, please come and chat to us.
Thank you particularly to Donaldson Class who had Mrs Cross teaching them for the day. I really enjoyed spending the day with you while Miss Sellers was on a training course. You were superstars in the phonics workshop.
Here are some photographs of a few of the grown ups joining in with phonics activities.
Thank you for your support,
Mrs Cross, Mrs Wonfor and Miss Sellers
Phase 1 Updates
- Wonderful Warwick castle Trip!
- Reception children visit Year 1 again
- Jeffers Class library slot
- Reception in Year 1!
- Reception Trip to the Sea Life Centre
- Easter Bonnet Fun!!
- ' Jeff-berg Shop!'
- Spring News From Reception
- Year 1 Baking Fun
- Reception Phonics afternoon
- Year 1 Reuse, Reduce, Recycle Workshop
- Reception News!
- Year 1 visit to the Botanic Gardens
- News from Year 1
- Circus Workshop
- What a super start to Year 1